Hey everyone & Happy Mother’s Day to all of those amazing mamas out there!! It’s time for another “my favorites” post. Today I’m going to cover one of my favorite skincare brands that many of you may have never heard of: MARIO BADESCU. I’ll also start off by saying that I am not sponsored by this brand, nor do I make any money from them by reviewing their products – I just love them. So with that being said, let’s move on… The reason you probably haven’t heard of them is because they don’t spend crazy bucks on marketing so they can make their products super affordable (which I personally love)! Believe it or not, I’ve even seen posts where celebrities love and use these products. Also, another little note I want to make based on some feedback and questions I’ve gotten – all of these skincare products I review are good for WOMEN AND MEN, of all ALL ETHNICITIES, and ALL AGES! With that being said, let’s move on to my list of favorites! (I’m an amazon junkie – so I’ve been including links below to make it easier, ensuring you make the correct purchase)
- Glycolic foaming cleanser: There’s that glycolic acid again… See previous post if you need to know why this stuff is essential in your skincare regimen. I love this cleanser because it’s light weight and doesn’t strip your natural oils. A little secret I haven’t shared yet, but I typically wash my face with Johnson & Johnson baby shampoo. It’s so gentle on my skin. However, when I don’t use baby shampoo I use this stuff (particularly in the summer when my skin leans more toward the oily side). With the glycolic acid in it, it’s a gentle exfoliant and helps to brighten dull looking skin!
- Glycolic Acid Toner: Okay, I promise to chill out with the glycolic acid after this one. If you don’t want to change your cleanser to the glycolic foaming cleanser, then please get this stuff. It’s an amazing toner and is crazy affordable! This is a little more intense and really targets those fine lines and wrinkles! When used morning and night, this product will promote skin turnover rapidly and give you that desired glow!
- Drying Lotion: THIS STUFF IS THE BOMB.COM! When I get breakouts it looks like a volcano waiting to erupt. My zits are super deep, red, and painful. And because I am a “picker”, I typically scar after from trying to pop it 15 times. This product has literally saved my face many times. When you get this, the bottle may be all mixed up, but what you want to do is let it settle out. The pink will settle to the bottom and the clear liquid on top. When you get a zit/zits, cleanse and moisturize your face then apply this before bed. I personally take a q-tip, dip it all the way in, then apply directly to my problem areas. Do not rub in, just let it dry directly on skin and rinse in the morning. It includes drying agents (alcohol and acids) along with calamine lotion to sooth/calm the inflammation! If you purchase anything today, make it be this! You won’t regret it.
- Whitening Mask : With summer upon us, freckles, sunspots, and melasma are becoming more apparent! Yes, freckles are cute – but sunspots and melasma…not so much. This mask contains kojic acid, which is like the little sister to hydroquinone. Hydroquinone is the powerhouse in “skin bleaching”. This product combats hyperpigmentation, which is the problem in melasma and sunspots. It also attacks and lightens acne scars. This is safe and gentle enough to use over the entire face!
- Hydrating Moisturizer with Biocare & Hyaluronic acid: Just like my love for glycolic acid is real, my love for hyaluronic acid is real too. Hyaluronic acid is THE BEST ingredient to look for in a moisturizer. I will get into the physiology behind it in another post, but it works by binding to water and locking it into the skin. Apply right after you get out the shower or wash your face.
- Facial Spray with Rosewater & Facial Spray with Green Tea: Do you travel much? If so, this is a must have for the airport and/or hotel. My skin is always so dry & dull after traveling and there is nothing better than a little spray of rosewater and green tea. You can spray this over your makeup throughout the day to refresh and brighten skin!
- Silver Powder: Last, but certainly not least – this is the kryptonite to blackheads and pores. Use this in your T-zone to help with excessive oil production and those pesky blackheads. You will notice in just a short amount of time the appearance of your pores decreasing and those annoying blackheads begin to disappear! It has oil dissolving properties and clay that helps to detox those blackheads. This is one of my favorite summer products!
- *Links provided are affiliate links, meaning I receive a small compensation through Amazon if your purchase is made via the link. Of note, these products come at no extra cost to you. It basically serves as free advertising for Amazon.